Regular price From $19.95 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price From $33.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $20.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Grand Marais Outfitters was originally built in the 1890’s as Hugh Logan’s Superior Sample Room. It also housed a popular meeting room on the second floor. It then became the Palace Theater where popular silent movies of the time were shown from the 1920’s to the 1930’s. Later becoming a tavern followed by several restaurants, “The Cozy Corner” as well as the “Seagull Cafe”. Today, the building is one of the historical buildings in Grand Marais on the Historical Society’s register and on their walking tour.
Kim & Dennis Weaver began remodeling the building in May 2009 and the building was complete in December of 2011. As a green initiative for the renovation, the building is solar powered.
Many parts of the former building were recycled and re-repurposed while eco-friendly materials were used whenever possible.
In November of 2021, an amazing woman and mother named Jeannie Kain retired from the University of Michigan and moved to the amazing town of Grand Marais to became the new owner of Grand Marais Outfitters. She is looking forward to continuing to provide customers outerwear, gear and supplies to help visitors enjoy all the beautifully adventurous seasons Michigan has to offer.